It’s the 30-day mark of our joint fundraiser with Disability EmpowHer Network and we wanted to provide you with an update on where we are, what we need, and how YOU can help!
We are only a small fraction towards our $12,000 goal.
If everyone who receives this email gives $1 we would be HALFWAY towards reaching our goal!
If everyone who receives this email gives $5, we would reach our goal and be able to FULLY fund the activities essential to healthy food prep, accessible meals, accessible meal planning, and food advocacy.
Remember, your donation goes towards:
(1) A sous chef for Kelly at Disability EmpowHer Camp Events throughout the year (which is essential to preparing food for 20+ people with various food allergies, meal constraints, etc. for multiple meals and snacks a day.
(2) Accessible food prep gadgets and resources for a one week camping event in the Adirondacks for disabled girls, as well as healthy foods for multiple meals and snacks.
(3) Food prep resources, supplies, and meals for a one-week camper retreat in Washington DC, which includes funds to go out to eat one night. Why is it important to help fund a night out at a restaurant? It “empowhers” campers, mentees, and mentors to learn about self-advocacy when ordering meals and understanding their food allergies and food needs.
Another benefit of participating in this fundraiser is that we promote and teach emergency prep skills for EmpowHer Camp attendees. You may be wondering how, check out what we do to build essential skills for if, and when, an emergency arises:
- Teaching and practicing self-advocacy skills: during an emergency, it is important for any person to know how to let people know what they need, what they want, and how the best need help. This is ESPECIALLY important for someone with a disability. The emergent needs can be different and greater for someone with a disability and teaching those skills in an applicable setting like the Adirondacks is great practice!
- Discussing and educating about meal planning: during EmpowHer Camp in the Adirondacks, there is a mix of perishable and non-perishable foods. We discuss the difference between the two with campers and the benefits having multiple types of food available at home and on trips.
As a reminder, donations to programming are tax deductible! To put this donation on your taxes, make sure to include Disability EmpowHer Network’s EIN onto your taxes: 86-2446885.
To provide even MORE incentive to donate and participate in this fundraiser, the first 12 individuals to donate $120 or more to this fundraiser will receive an EmpowHer Tote Bag in the mail!