Fresh Wild Raspberry Cake
By Donna Valente
- Bundt pan
- Whisk (or mixer)
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring Cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Coconut cooking spray
- 3 golden flax meal eggs (3 tablespoons golden flax meal mixed with 9 tablespoons water)
- 2 cups organic all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup vegan golden sugar + 1 tablespoon for filling
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegan large grain sugar
- 1/2 cup plant butter
- 3/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut water
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups fresh wild raspberries—washed, gently patted dry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a small bowl combine 3 tablespoons golden flax meal with 9 tablespoons water; mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with a whisk or hand mixer, cream plant butter with golden sugar and coconut sugar. Add prepared flax meal eggs and mix. Add and mix in one at a time the vanilla, sour cream, rose water, coconut water and pieces of ripe banana and mix until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together organic all purpose and coconut flours with salt, nutmeg, baking powder, coconut flakes, and baking soda.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and use wooden spoon to mix. Batter will be thick and lumpy.
- Grease Bundt pan with coconut cooking spray. Spoon about half of the batter into pan and smooth until level. Add 1 cup of fresh raspberries to top of batter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of golden sugar. Spoon remaining dough over raspberries and level top. Add remaining raspberries to top of the cake and sprinkle with large grain vegan sugar. Dot with coconut oil.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for at least 50 minutes and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Transfer onto plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Slice and enjoy whilst still warm from the oven with a garnish of fresh raspberries and sprig of fresh mint!
Due to the high moisture content and fresh fruit in this cake, please refrigerate any remaining cake!
Makes about 12 large slices.