<< Back to Employment Opportunities
Veggies to Table Farm Manager
Company: Veggies to Table
Salary: $ / per year
Location: Damariscotta Lake, Maine
Salary will vary based on experience and if year-round or seasonal.
About Veggies to Table
All the produce and most of the flowers we grow we donate to those in need of food and joy in our community. We partner with 35+ local pantries schools, agencies, and educational programs. We have welcomed hundreds of volunteers to the farm and work to create deep community connections through our program.
We are committed to restoring dignity to individuals and families who have lost control over that most basic of choices and decisions—what to eat. The goal? Universal access to nutritious and culturally appropriate food for everyone.
As an estimated 215,000 people in Maine do not have enough food to eat, our mission is vital — now. You can be a part of the solution.
VEGGIES TO TABLE SEEKS AN EXPERIENCED AND PASSIONATE FARM MANAGER FOR OUR NON-PROFIT, ORGANIC, NO-TILL, NO-SPRAY, VEGETABLE, FRUIT, AND FLOWER FARM. THIS POSITION IS FOR OUR 2024 SEASON WITH A START DATE OF JAN 15TH FOR CROP PLANNING, ORDERING, AND ORGANIZING.
We seek someone committed to non-profit work, our mission, and organic, no-till, no-spray farming— someone excited to manage our acre and a half of diversified vegetables, fruit, flowers, and herbs.
- Minimum 5 years organic farming
- Experience managing and mentoring a crew
- Experience managing volunteers
- Deep knowledge of fruit, vegetable, flower, and herb production from seed to table/bouquet in zone 5B
- Knowledge of crop planning, soil health, fertility, organic pest control, and succession planting
Position Details include:
- Record keeping including planting log, crop plan, harvest details, pounds and stems donated
- Crop planning and rotation
- Building soil
- Seedling production, planting,harvesting, and post-harvest of produce, herbs, and flowers
- Pest management (we are no spray)
- Keeping the farm neat, tidy and set for success
- Daily and Weekly Planning with crew
- Managing and mentoring our crew and volunteers
- Organizing partner pick up
- Collaborating with the Executive Director and theAdministrative team
- Excellent Communication skills
- Interested in building community
- A team player who is also able to work independently
- Attention to detail
- A sense of humor!
Our Farm Manager should have:
- a strong desire to produce food of the highest nutritional, aesthetic, and ecological quality
- a willingness and ability to work outdoors in all types of weather, under potentially strenuous conditions — heat, rain, sun, wind, and cold—preparedness and a positive attitude are essential for success.
- a detail-oriented approach, with considerable attention to order, and cleanliness,
- an ability to see the large picture as well as smaller details ensuring our crew and volunteers are appropriately engaged knowing what needs to get done and why
- an ongoing commitment to improving systems and practices.
- timely email and/or phone communication
- knowledge of Google Drive, Word and Excel
- an enthusiasm to continue to learn and grow as a person and farmer. We encourage personal development and growth at Veggies to Table through classes, online resources, and mentors.
- excellent interpersonal skills. There is a mix of crew, local volunteers, Wwoofers, and students on the farm daily.
- a desire to build not only our farm, soil, and ourselves, but also community connections
- a love of farming and people and sharing this love of fresh, nutritious produce and joyful flowers with everyone on the farm and beyond
- Location a mile from Damariscotta Lake and a mile from the ocean
- Location 1 hour from Portland and 40 minutes from Camden and Rockland
- Location 3 hours from Boston
- An abundance of local hiking and beaches
- Rising Tide Coop
- Downtown Damariscotta—shops and services a mile from the farm
How to Apply
How to Apply
For more information please contact Erica at firstname.lastname@example.org or call + 1 207-253-9803