Hourly Rate: $ Location: Wyoming
NourishedRx is seeking an accomplished PhD or postdoc food systems researcher to join our team as a Project Manager for a five-month contract. The project aims to assess and evaluate Wyoming’s food supply network and address food insecurity among its residents. The ideal candidate will have experience in rural food systems, food access, and/or food banks.
– Manage a team of three junior level researchers.
– Play an active role in data collection and analysis, including conducting research on Wyoming’s food landscape, demographic trends, and health data.
– Develop the final deliverable, including a comprehensive report, containing data-driven insights and actionable recommendations, and a user-friendly online platform with interactive dashboards and maps.
– Conduct surveys to assess food needs of Wyoming residents and food bank capacities.
– Conduct interviews and focus groups with key stakeholders and food bank users.
– Conduct participatory observation visits to food pantries across Wyoming.
– Recruit and collaborate with a Community Advisory Board during data analysis and reporting phases.
– Perform quantitative analysis using descriptive and inferential statistics.
– Perform qualitative analysis using thematic analysis to identify patterns and concepts.
– Collaborate with NourishedRx VP on presenting project updates to client.
– PhD or postdoc in food systems research or related field.
– Experience in managing research projects.
– Strong skills in qualitative research, quantitative analysis, and report writing.
– Impeccable attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
– Knowledge of rural food systems, food access, and/or food banks.
– Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
– Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Candidate will be an independent consultant with NourishedRx for the duration of this project, with potential to grow into a longer term role. Candidate will be available approximately 25 hours per week for this project work. Candidate will ideally be available for one on-site visit to Wyoming in early February 2024.
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to improving food access and addressing food insecurity in Wyoming. If you are passionate about food systems research and have the skills and experience required, we would love to hear from you. Please send a resume and cover letter to Kendall Singleton, VP of Partnerships, email@example.com.