<< Back to Employment Opportunities
NOFA-NY Certified Organic, LLC Administrative Assistant
Company: NOFA-NY Certified Organic, LLC
Hourly Rate: $19
Location: Binghamton, NY
NOFA-NY Certified Organic, LLC is hiring a full-time Administrative Assistant to start ASAP.
Be a part of a growing not-for-profit, USDA-accredited organic certification agency, whose primary purpose is to provide high integrity certification services to 1,100 organic farmers and processors throughout New York State and surrounding areas.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of office administration and support functions in a fast-paced team setting; including timely intake of certification applications and the day-to-day flow of information as it is received into the office. This position provides administrative support to all departments and the Certification Director as needed.
- Associate’s degree in a related field or 1-3 years’ experience in administrative work/certification. Excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including a working understanding of database programs, Microsoft office, and email systems.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines and works well independently or on team projects.
- Receive, scan, and distribute all incoming mail/deliveries and manage outgoing mail when needed.
- Financial documents including checks, etc., to be distributed as directed.
- Check in any files/applications received in database, hard copy and electronic.
- Data entry, input, or other tasks as requested by others.
- Respond to general telephone calls and emails as needed.
- Handle the annual archiving of certification files.
- Ensure office policies and procedures are implemented appropriately.
- Attend office trainings and meetings.
- Attend trainings outside the office as applicable.
- Perform additional duties and work on special projects as requested.
- Perform regular inventory of assets, equipment, general office items.
- Prepare mailings to inspectors (and others) as directed using the most cost-effective measures
- Prepare stationery and office supplies orders as directed.
- Any other office tasks as directed.
How to Apply
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position that requires in-office presence at our office in Binghamton, NY. Work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:30. There are occasions when the position will be permitted to work part of the day from home.
Benefits include healthcare, dental vision, life and 403(b) as well as very generous paid holidays/vacation/sick time. NOFA-NY offers a collaborative and flexible working environment. $19/hour starting salary with a 90-day review and possible rate increase.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. For information regarding our organization, please visit www.nofany.org. Detailed posting at https://nofany.org/about-us/careers.