<< Back to Employment Opportunities
FarmFolk CityFolk: Metro Vancouver Feast of Fields Event Coordinator
Company: FarmFolk CityFolk
Salary: $14000 / per week
Location: Metro Vancouver, Canada
Apply By: 01/31/2024
Position: Metro Vancouver Feast of Fields Event Coordinator
Location: Metro Vancouver, Home Office
FarmFolk CityFolk (FFCF) has a mission to connect, collaborate and engage to foster resilient, sustainable, equitable food systems in BC. We have been working to inspire and equip people to eat food that nourishes themselves and the planet for over 30 years. We are BC’s oldest and largest food and agriculture charitable non-profit organization. Our programs go from seed to plate—engaging a network of farmers, seed growers, researchers, food system advocates, policymakers, community partners, chefs, and eaters. Our programs celebrate local food and connect people with the farmers who grow it. We support BC farmers to use local seed and to grow food in ways that mitigate climate change and protect biodiversity.
We are seeking someone deeply familiar with event or festival planning for this fun and satisfying, fast paced position. Reporting to the Engagement Manager, the Metro Vancouver Feast of Fields Event Coordinator will help execute our popular fundraising event. Feast of Fields is a wandering gourmet harvest festival, and will be hosted in Richmond on Sunday, September 8, 2024. The ideal candidate has previous event and/or festival planning experience, exudes boundless energy, loves organization and details, is self-motivated, and is a proactive problem solver. An interest in the local food movement and sustainable foods is also necessary.
- Overall planning and logistics for the 2024 Metro Vancouver Feast of Fields to be held on Sunday, September 8, 2024 including host farm visits, site planning, vendor procurement, set up, day of event activities and tear down.
- Manage the site setup on Friday, September 6 and Saturday, September 7, 2024
- Main liaison between host farm and FFCF
- Solicit and secure regional cash and in-kind sponsorship. Maintain an organized plan for all sponsorship (spreadsheet in GSuite)
- Ensure there are a minimum of 22 chef/restaurant participants and 22 beverage participants
- Schedule Entertainment for the event
- Develop Site Plan, secure MC and develop Event Run-of-Order and Script
- Coordinate all participant asset collection and work with Communications Coordinator to update Feast website and proof of the Feast program.
- Foster participant relationships through regular communication.
- Work with our Communications Coordinator and review social media promotion for regional participants
- Organize shuttle bus transportation
- Ensure all legalities (e.g. insurance, licenses, etc.) are completed, approved and onsite for the event
- Create and manage a volunteer planning team (main roles include silent auction coordinator and volunteer coordinator) and day of volunteer base.
- Together with the Engagement Manager, create and maintain an organized advertising/promotion schedule (spreadsheet in Google Drive)
- Work with our Silent Auction Coordinator to organize a silent auction with a minimum of $5,000 funds raised.
- Obtain up-to-date Serving It Right Certification (note: FFCF liability insurance to release coordinator from any personal liability related to damage caused by guest behaviour)
- Event management certification is a strong asset
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Tech savvy – comfortable with the GSuite, social media, etc.
- Excellent attention to details and organization skills
- Responsive, reliable and flexible, with excellent written and oral communications skills
- Organized and able to project manage multiple priorities and work to deadlines and established budgets.
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and support volunteers.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude and a commitment to excellence;
- Experience and proficiency working with remote/virtual teams
- Serving it Right certification
- General liability insurance naming FFCF as additional insured.
This contract is suitable for an event planning company or professional.
Application deadline: January 31, 2024
Start date: February, 2024 (exact date TBC)
End date: October 31, 2024
This is a contract position, increasing in hours each month and ranging from 20-120 hours/month. The role is suitable for someone with additional time available from July to late September, during the height of the event season. Potential opportunity to grow and diversify the role for the right candidate.
The contract range is $12,000 – $14,000 (based on experience) plus potential bonus opportunities.
This is a work from home position. The successful candidate will need reliable, fast internet connection. Regular in-person meetings and site visits will be required within the Lower Mainland.
FFCF staff and board are committed to an anti-oppression learning journey, and committed to integrating justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion principles into our work and workplace culture. We humbly acknowledge that we have a long way to go. We encourage BIPOC, LGBTQIA2S+, individuals from other diverse communities to apply.
How to Apply
In order to apply, email Julia Zado, Engagement Manager at email@example.com
- use the subject line ‘MV Feast of Fields Coordinator position’
- send one pdf file containing both your cover letter and resume
- use the file name ‘MV Feast Coordinator First Name Last Name’
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those receiving an interview will be contacted.