<< Back to Employment Opportunities
Black Farmers Collective: Community Educator
Company: Black Farmers Collective
Salary: $55000 / per year
Location: Seattle, Washington
Apply By: 03/01/2024
About The Black Farmers Collective (BFC)
BFC is a Black-Led grassroots farming non-profit organization growing a community of Black, other communities of color, and immigrant/refugee farmers currently operating small urban and peri urban farms. We are building a multi-faceted, Black-led food system, and creating space for Black liberation in healing and joy. These spaces serve to provide support to Black farmers who have experienced centuries of systemic racism, discrimination, and land dispossession. BFC is an inclusive organization with interest in working with folks of all identities, but prioritizes cultivating Black affinity spaces for and with the Black community. We are a 5 year old organization and we’re looking for someone to bring grassroots to a sustainable level.
This position is responsible for creating and facilitating programs that align with the organization’s mission and values. The Community Educator works closely with the farm staff and Director to ensure a wide variety of community members, organizations, and institutions are visiting the farm and engaging in some form of educational programming.
Program Development and Implementation
- Collaborate with the farm staff and community stakeholders to design and develop programs that address the unique needs of the Seattle food system and increase community health.
- Implement and/or create program curriculum, schedules, and materials in alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Coordinate program logistics, including scheduling, venue arrangements, transportation, and necessary supplies.
- Ensure program activities are implemented effectively, maintaining high standards of quality and impact.
Collaboration and Partnership
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with partner organizations, government agencies, educational institutions, and community stakeholders to enhance program effectiveness and expand available resources.
- Represent the organization at meetings, conferences, and events, advocating for the needs of the farm, the Seattle food system, and community health at-large.
Data Management and Evaluation
- Develop and implement data collection and evaluation systems to measure program outcomes and effectiveness.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret program data, producing regular reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Utilize evaluation findings to inform program improvements, identify areas of success, and make evidence-based recommendations for program enhancements.
- Experience in program facilitation, especially working with Black and other youth of color.
- Strong knowledge of principles, techniques, and best practices in health, food systems, nutrition, and STEAM.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission and impact to diverse audiences.
- Success in developing programs, workshops, or presentations.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with donors, partners, and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission, values, and social justice.
How to Apply
Link to Apply: