$12,000 in 120 Days: Fundraiser to Support Disability EmpowHer Network
Image Description: Dark and light green background. Illustration of a hand putting a coin into a purple box surrounded by foliage. Text at the top of the page says “Kelly’s Kitchen and Disability EmpowHer Network. $120,000 in 120 days Fundraiser”. A green circle says “Starting April 1st”. Disability EmpoweHer Network logo and Kelly’s Kitchen logo are at the bottom of the page.
Kelly’s Kitchen has been a long-time champion, supporter, and partner with Disability EmpowHer Network’s programs. Kelly’s Kitchen founder, Kelly Timmons, has participated in Disability EmpowHer Camp activities in the Adirondacks and the Leadership Reunion in Washington, DC since the program’s inception by providing healthy meals, food prep and cooking instruction, and mentorship to attendees with a special interest in food equity and access.
With another year of Disability EmpowHer Camp sessions coming up (one week in the Adirondacks as well as one week for former participants/attendees in Washington, DC), Kelly’s Kitchen and Disability EmpowHer Network are coming together to host a fundraiser to ensure these young girls have a great experience!
We have a goal of raising $12,000 in 120 days; and we know we can do it with your support and help! This fundraising initiative will begin April 1 and run through the end of July. Please make sure to follow us on social media and subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get updates and see the direct impact that this collaboration and skill building provides.
· Instagram: @kellyskitchen.chs
· Facebook: @kellyskitchen.chs
· Twitter: @kellyskitchen_c
· TikTok: @kellyskitchen.chs
We encourage you to donate, share the information on your own social media, within your professional networks and among friends and community members. You can do this by sharing or forwarding this email, as well as by sharing or reposting our content through social media.
Interested in knowing exactly what this money will go towards and how it helps build skills, confidence, and community for young disabled girls attending these programs? All funds raised will directly benefit attendees by ensuring they have access to healthy, easy to prep food and the opportunity to increase their skill sets in both a remote camping setting and in a more metropolitan setting.
Funds raised will assist with:
· $4,000: Creating a new Sous Chef Ally Position with Disability EmpowHer Camp Programming. A former attendee and former mentor-in-training, Lily, is interested in continuing to build skills surrounding meal planning, meal prep, and healthy, accessible cooking. Lily will be Kelly’s sous chef and assist with all food preparation and planning for the one-week camping trip and the leadership reunion. Creating a paid, year-long opportunity for Lily will continue to increase the goals she has for herself and help to imbed a peer-to-peer level of health access, equity, and education into Disability EmpowHer programming. Funds will cover travel for Lily for the entire year as well as a stipend for her position at both program events.
· $4,000: Ensuring that all food supplies, kitchen equipment, and utensils for the one-week Disability EmpowHer Camp in the Adirondacks of Upstate New York are covered and accounted for.
· $4,000: Ensuring that food supplies and budget for a meal in downtown Washington, DC (where attendees get the opportunity to practice identifying health food options and practice with advocating for food needs and preferences) for the Leadership Reunion are covered and accounted for.
Be on the lookout for an email in the next week or two providing you with MORE information on how to donate and the amazing people that your donations benefit!
As a reminder, donations to programming are tax deductible! To put this donation on your taxes, make sure to include Disability EmpowHer Network’s EIN onto your taxes for 2024: 86-2446885.
To provide even MORE incentive to donate and participate in this fundraiser, the first 12 individuals to donate $120 or more to this fundraiser will receive an EmpowHer Tote Bag in the mail!